DEPARTMENTS AT STETSON
OTHER IMPORTANT SITES
We have a MCAT prep course on campus each year (call Dr.
King (8173) or Continuing Education for details)
What, When, and How
There are several admissions tests which are required
for admittance to professional schools. Typically the
tests are taken at the end of the junior or beginning of
the senior year. Most of the registration materials will
be available from the chair of HPAC, the Counseling
Center or directly from the testing organization. The
information below outlines the necessary information.
Allied Health (PA, PT, OT, etc.)
- The AHPAT is being discontinued
is available on computer by appointment.
- Register with: DAT Program, 211 East
Chicago Ave., Suite 1846 Chicago, IL
60611-2678, (800) 621-8099
Medicine (MD, DO, DPM)
given in April and August each year
- Register with: MCAT Program Office, 255
N. DuBuque Rd., P.O. Box 4056 Iowa City,
IA 52243-4056, (319) 337 1357
- OAT given
in February and October each yeaer
- Register with: OAT Program, Suite 1840,
211 E. Chicago Ave. Chicago, IL 60611,
given electronically at specific testing centers by appointment
- Register with: The Psychological Corp.,
555 Academic Court San Antonio, TX
78204-2498, (800) 622 3231
- VCAT has been discontinued
- GRE taken on computer by appointment
- Register with: Educational Testing
Service, P.O. Box 6000 Princeton, NJ
08541-6000, (609) 771-7670
You must be well-prepared to take these examinations.
DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THEM COLD! There are several ways that
you can prepare yourself for these examinations:
1. Take good notes in the prerequisite courses, that
is what you will be tested on.
- BY101,102; CY 101,102,303,304; PS 101,102, EH
2. Take a review course
- Stetson offers a MCAT and GRE review, commercial
courses are also available.
3. Take practice exams
- HPAC library contains exams in printed and
Professional courses from companies such as Kaplan and Princeton Review are