Dept. of Biology
B.A. Hunter College 1953
M.S. Washington University 1955
Ph.D. Cornell University 1962
- Nutrition (BY153)--An introductory course on the relationship between life and food. Food additives, food habits
and fads, and distribution of food will also be discussed.
- Plant Taxonomy (BY305)--This course covers the classification, identification, and evolution of the vascular plants
with an emphasis on the flora of Florida.
- Plant Anatomy (BY308)--The study of the development, structure, and function of the principal tissues and organs of vascular plants.
- Plant Morphology (BY311)--This course covers the structure and reproduction of plants (including algae) and fungi.
- Horticulture (BY321)--The growth, development, and utilization of cultivated plants
- Plant Physiology (BY433)--An examination of the mechanisms that plants use to cope with their environment.
I am interested in the reproductive biology of Florida plants and the conservation of endangered plant species.
I also study the evolution of the Asteridae with and emphasis on the Buddlejaceae (butterfly bushes).
- E. Norman, K. Rice and S. Cochran. 1992. Reproductive biology of Asimina parviflora (Annonaceae). Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 119:1-5.
- E. Norman. 1992. The Buddlejaceae of Arizona. The Journal of the Arizona-Nevada Academy of Science 26:5-6.
- E. Norman. 1994. A re-examination of Sanango racemosum 1. Morphology and distribution. Taxon 43:591-600.
- E. Norman and S. Hawley. 1995. An analysis of the vegetation at Turtle Mound, Volusia County, Florida: twenty years later. Florida Scientist 58:258-269.
- J. Helkowski and E. Norman. 1996. Effects of fire on an endangered Florida Plant, Deeringothamnus rugelii. Submitted to the Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club.
- E. Norman. 2000. Buddlejaceae. Flora Neotropica 81:1-225.
Published by the New York Botanical Garden, N.Y.
- E. Norman and W. Taylor. 2000. Andre Michaux in Florida
1788: Plants, People and Places. In press--University of Florida
Send e-mail to Eliane Norman at ElianeN@aol.com