Stetson University applauds all 2014 graduates
Stetson University awarded more than 1,000 degrees to graduates in three ceremonies during Spring Commencement, celebrating years of hard work and sending graduates into the professional world or on to advanced education. On the DeLand campus, 662 students received degrees and on the Gulfport (law) campus, 260 students received degrees. Of the Class of 2014 at the DeLand campus, 491 undergraduates received bachelor’s degrees and 171 students received graduate degrees. Commencement included all graduates who completed degree requirements in July 2013, December 2013 and May 2014.
President Wendy B. Libby gave the “charge” to graduates in DeLand – a tradition where the president places a duty and responsibility upon the graduates. Libby highlighted how a Stetson University education assists graduates in moving from success to significance, and teaches them how to be of service to the world.
DeLand Commencement Information
Gulfport Commencement Information
Master’s Ceremony – Friday, May 9, 2014
- Student Speaker 1 Samuel Slaughter starts at 10:24
- Student Speaker 2 Lauren Hall starts at 15:55
Bachelor’s Ceremony – Saturday, May 10, 2014
- Student Speaker 1 Jeremy Goldberg starts at 12:54
- Student Speaker 2 Ariel Arthur starts at 21:06
- Student Speaker 1 Michelle Vergara starts at 13:47
- Student Speaker 2 Sonja James-Gaitor starts at 21:20
* Videos of the ceremonies in their entirety are available upon request by contacting University Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waiting for photos?
Professional photography on the DeLand campus was provided by Island Photography, (800-869-0908 or www.islandphoto.com). The company collected information from the address cards graduates filled out while lining up for Commencement, and will use that information to forward each grad their own proofs. Based on the information provided, proofs were sent via email or mail with details of how to access the website order form. For additional information about ordering photos, contact the company’s customer service department at 800-869-0908.
Island Photography has prepared the following photo slideshows of each ceremony:
- Master’s Ceremony – Friday, May 9, 2014 (7 p.m. ceremony)
- Bachelor’s Ceremony – Saturday, May 10, 2014 (10 a.m. ceremony)
- Bachelor’s Ceremony – Saturday, May 10, 2014 (2 p.m. ceremony)
For additional questions regarding the Commencement Celebration, contact University Events at 386-822-8920 or email@example.com.