Volunteers are needed in several venues throughout the weekend. If you are able to volunteer please contact the Office of University Events at email@example.com or 386-822-7453.
Rinker Field House
Check In Tables
Each person will have a list of graduates divided by alphabet group. As graduates arrive you will check them off the list and direct them inside to their specific seat where a line host will greet them. If a graduate does not have a cap and gown they will be directed to the bookstore pick up these items. Volunteers in this area will need to be well-organized, friendly and aware of all inside stations in order to direct guests accordingly.
- Friday, May 8 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. and from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
Positioned in front of the check-in area, you will direct guests to the appropriate check-in line based on their last name. Faculty will not need to check in and should be directed to the main Hollis Center doors where they will meet with their marshals. Volunteers in this area should be friendly and aware of all inside stations in order to direct guests accordingly.
- Friday, May 8 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 2 p.m.
Each host will be assigned two to three lines of graduate chairs inside the Rinker Field House. Duties include attaching graduate name cards to chairs, pledge cards and pens. As graduates arrive please direct them to their specific seat and instruct them to write in the correct pronunciation of their name in the space provided on the name card (they will take this card on stage with them), sign the graduation pledge if desired and be available to answer any questions they may have regarding the ceremony. Volunteers in this area must be organized, courteous and detail-oriented.
- Friday, May 8 from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. and Noon to 2:30 p.m.
Priority Floor Seating Pass Distribution Tents
Persons with disabilities will be directed to tent locations (at the back: north entrance; at the front: south entrance). Guests will be given a priority floor seating pass and directed inside to the ushers who will collect their pass and escort them to a seat. Volunteers in this area must be friendly and able to handle concerns questions as needed.
- Friday, May 8 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Ushers and Greeters
- Entrance Door Greeters – greet guests as they arrive at the Edmunds Center. Each guest will receive a program and be directed to the seating areas.
- Priority Floor Seating Ushers – For those with priority floor seating passes – direct them to the ushers in that section who will collect their passes. The goal is to fill each section, leaving no spaces, especially on the floor seating.
- General Seating Ushers – will need to help fill in seating gaps and be available to answer questions.
Volunteers in all of these areas must be courteous and available to answer and concerns and question regarding the ceremony.
- Friday, May 8 at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9 at 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Program and Water Distribution
- Stage – Place bottled water and programs at each chair on stage and in the band area.
- Graduate – Programs will also be distributed at each graduate and faculty chair in the floor seating section. Volunteers in this area must be agile and comfortable walking on elevated surfaces.
- Friday, May 8 from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9 from 9 to 10 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m.
Greeters will board the trolley at the stop and greet guests as they come find a seat. Greeters should welcome guests and let them know about where they meet their graduate after the ceremony and where they can board the trolley to get back to their vehicle. Trolleys will run continuously from the Lynn Business Center to Flagler Hall to the Edmunds Center and then the Hollis Center. A route map and list of general information will be provided to you. Volunteers in this area must be courteous, have strong communication skills and be available to answer any questions regarding parking, receptions and where to go once they arrive at Edmunds Center.
- Friday, May 8 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9 from 8:30 to 10:15 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:15 p.m.
All volunteers should wear business attire and a Stetson University name tag.