Arrange a Group Tour
To arrange a group tour, please call us at 386-822-7270.
Policy on Tours for School Classes
To ensure a safe and successful visit, you must agree to abide by the following regulations.
As a teacher, you are responsible for the behavior of your students. Before your class visits the Hand Art Center, we ask you to read through our procedures and regulations with your students. Thank you for your understanding.
- Visits by school classes are only allowed under the supervision of a teacher and/or chaperone. Classes without supervision are not allowed to enter the Hand Art Center. Teachers and chaperones are expected to maintain order and ensure appropriate student behavior.
- Groups may not exceed 20 members. If you are coming by school bus with a larger group, we can arrange for one group to visit the Gillespie Museum while a second group visits the Hand Art Center. There is an outdoor lunch area at the Gillespie Museum which you might consider using.
- Lunch bags and jackets must be deposited at the lobby.
- Absolutely no food or drinks are allowed in the Hand Art Center.
- Students must never touch or come too close to the works of art.
- In the interests of other visitors, the doorways in and out of the galleries must remain clear.
- Drawing in the Hand Art Center is permitted only with pencil. Pencils may be borrowed in the lobby.
- Although the works are beautiful, photos may not be taken without prior permission from the director of the Hand Art Center.