To request a book or article via Interlibrary Loan please complete one of the forms below.
- Form to Request Books, Chapters, Dissertations
- Form to Request Articles
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Lending Information for Other Libraries
Interlibrary loan is a service available to Stetson University faculty, students, and staff. To aid in your research, we will borrow from other libraries items not held in the Stetson Library.
Complete a request form for each item needed and allow two to eight weeks for delivery (although many items come much faster). Plan ahead and put in requests early for best results.
Requests may be made in several ways:
Some of the databases include an “ILL” link; you may use the ILL link to submit requests directly from those databases. To use this feature in the databases (available in WorldCat and others):
- Search and find the item which meets your needs
- “Open” (click on) the item you want to request
- Click on the “ILL” button at the top of the screen
- Fill in the information requested (some fields are required)
- Click on “Submit” button
- Wait for a response that your request has been successfully submitted.
Before submitting an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request, check the library’s catalog for books and journals already owned by the library.
For journal articles, check the Journals List. This list will let you know if our library has the journal article you need, and whether it is available in paper, microform, or online through our Internet subscriptions. Some journals are held in several formats.