Senior Projects Archive: Guidelines
Beginning in spring 2005, seniors in the College of Arts and
Sciences may choose to work with their advisers on submitting their
senior projects to a digital archive in duPont-Ball Library.
Guidelines have been developed by the College and the library to
support seniors who wish to make their work available in this way.
This digital archive of Senior Projects was first requested by the
University's Student Government Association.
- Seniors must submit their projects digitally.
Copies on disc or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
are preferred; text should be in a standard font of MS Word
(at least 12 point) with adequate margins, or PDF format or,
in the case of art work, a standard digital file format.
In digital format, we can also collect and archive
senior projects that are multi-media. Each project must be accompanied
by the paper cover sheet
with the signatures of the student and faculty member as noted below,
and a signed paper copy of the permission page as noted below in 3.
The digital copy will include the names, but need not include
- Projects must begin with a standard cover sheet (sample),
- Author's full name
- Graduating Class
- Title of Project,
- Major(s); Minor(s)
- Date of Submission
- Brief Acknowledgement of special funding, if any (SURE, NSF REU, Dean's Fund)
- Other brief acknowledgements (such as faculty, previous researchers in the field, student colleagues, parents)
- Pledge: the author's signature indicating academic integrity
- The Project's faculty adviser or advisers and the department
chair or chairs, certifying that the electronic archival copy has
been accepted by the Department in partial fulfillment of requirements
for the degree
- A signed permissions page
must follow the title page.
- A brief abstract [preferably less than 100w] must be provided
following the permission page.
- Senior Projects will be stored and indexed in a new computer
directory under senior projects archive.
- Each Senior Project will be cataloged and linked from WebCat
Information & Forms
Green Pages | Stetson A-Z Index
Stetson University | DeLand FL, 32723 | Phone: 386-822-7175
Fax: 386-822-7199 or 386-740-3626 | Susan
M. Ryan, Webmaster |
Copyright © and Permissions
Federal Depository Library, est. 1887
Florida State Depository Library, est. 1968
This library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents.
Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law.
(Title 44 United States Code)