Diagnosing a Poor Test
Questions to ask after that first test comes back
- Did I spend quality time studying?
- Did I study an hour a day, every day?
- Did I try to cram?
- Did I blow it off?
- Did I practice decision-making, or just re-do homework?
- Did I review my class notes? Did I read the book?
- Did I aim for understanding or just mimicry?
- Did I misread or misunderstand some questions?
- Did I try for partial credit? (Better than nothing!)
- Do I understand the answers on the key provided?
- Was I poorly prepared for the test, or am I poorly prepared for the class?
- What can I change so I do better the next time?
- Am I willing to make those changes?
- Do I know my instructor's name / email address / office location / phone number?
- Do I know how to find the Math Clinic and the Academic Resources Center?
back to Study Tips
back to Teaching & Learning
back to Margie's home page