The purpose of ASBE is to bring together the brightest minds from academia and industry to improve entrepreneurial education.
ASBE also strives:
- To provide a means for the exchange of information and guidance concerning teaching, research, extension, and other activities designed to aid entrepreneurial firms and small businesses.
- To enhance the relationship and cooperation between entrepreneurship academic programs and the entrepreneurial community.
- To promote an interdisciplinary approach to solving entrepreneurial problems.
- To develop methods for enhancing levels of recognition of participating faculty and staff of entrepreneurial programs and others involved in small business and entrepreneurial education.
- To stimulate effective involvement and continuing interest of students in entrepreneurship.
|1974||The idea is born|
|1975||SSBIA is formed|
|1978||SSBIA’s Constitution is adopted|
|1987||SSBIA’s membership exceeds 100|
|1989||1st issue of the Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship is published at Northwestern State University in Louisiana|
|1991||Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship moves to California State University|
|1992||The “Fellows” program is initiated|
|1994||Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship moves to New Mexico State University|
|1996||The Small Business Administration dissolves its support of the Small Business Institute Program|
|1997||SSIBA changes its name to ASBE|
|2001||503 (C) status is applied for|
|2003||We went out on our own, withdrew from the Federation of Business Disciplines (FBD), and launched our own conference|
|2004||Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship moved to Southeastern Oklahoma State University|
|2010||Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship moved to USF St. Petersburg|
|2013||ASBE headquarters follows the Journal to USF St. Petersburg|