Carolina Barrios

Q: What did you do after graduation and what are you doing now?

I took a few months off and spent that time with family and working for a plastic surgeon. Once I decided I was ready to go back to school I started applying to graduate programs that were related to interactivity. I ended up going to DePaul for my Master in Human-Computer Interaction. Two and half years later I graduated from the program, and now I am working as a Website Associate at ISMIE Mutual Insurance Company in Chicago, IL.

Q: Did you ever see yourself doing what you are doing now when you took your first Creative Arts course @Stetson?

When I took my first Creative Arts course I thought that I would end up working as a Biology professor (I graduated from Stetson with both a BA and BS). Then, I was introduced to the term “Interactivity”, shifting my career choice dramatically.

Q: What advice do you have for someone taking their first course right now?

Don’t just do the bare minimum in your classes. If you find a class that interests you, dig deeper into the topic on your own time. By doing so, you will find and fuel a passion that will lead you throughout your life.

Q: What’s the best thing you learned studying Creative Arts @ Stetson?

Even though a lot of people might not like to work on teams, they should! You learn a lot from the people you collaborate with. Working on a team also helps you in forming connections that could provide you with a great opportunity in the future.

Patrick Pieri Profile

Patrick Pieri

Q: Can you tell me a little bit about yourself and what drew you to your career? I grew up in Deltona, just down the ro...

Matthew Garrett

Q: Do you have any plans for your career/after graduation? I've already had two careers behind me, one working as a des...

A ‘Thank You’ to Professor Gary Bolding

After almost thirty years of service dedicated to teaching at Stetson, Professor Gary Bolding will retire as this year c...