Patrick Pieri

Q: Can you tell me a little bit about yourself and what drew you to your career?

I grew up in Deltona, just down the road from DeLand. Ever since middle school I’ve been interested in theatre, though mostly from an acting side. I performed in plays both at school and in community theatre productions through high school. When I came to Stetson, I had to complete workshop hours as part of the major requirements. There I found that I had a knack for and really enjoyed carpentry. I continued to perform in many of Stetson’s productions while I was a student but also started getting more focused on the technical side of theatre. I think, at the end of the day, I like creating things. I like taking raw materials and turning them into something else.

Q: What’s your favorite perk of being the technical director?

What I love about my work is that it is different every day. Every production brings new challenges and projects. However, I would say that my favorite perk, non-work related, of being the technical director is using the shop during down time for my own projects.

Q: What brought you to DeLand, Florida?

I grew up in Deltona, which is just a stone’s throw away. Many of my friends were already living out in this direction, and so it seemed a natural fit.

Q: Anything you’d like students to know about you?

I’m usually willing to tell students anything about myself that they would like to know. I’m married with 2 kids (2 months and 19 months). I like hobbies. My hobbies include camping, video games, baking, sailing, and recently, amateur radio.

Q: Do you have any advice for students trying to make it in the theater world?

Theatre’s not for everyone. It’s hard work, strange hours, and long nights. However, if it’s something that you love, go for it.

test2

Jaycie Cohen

Jaycie Cohen is a current junior planning to graduate in 2020 from Stetson University with a major in Theatre Arts with ...

AUDITIONS for [title of show]!

Announcing AUDITIONS for [title of show] Jeff and Hunter, two self-confessed nobodies in New York, make a pact: They ...

Sweat

Stetson University’s second mainstage production of its 113th season is Lynn Nottage’s 2017 Pulitzer Prize winning p...