Attention all artists!
The CUB wants to highlight a member of the community by putting the artist’s work in the Student Lounge. They are looking to brighten and liven the space. Think color, design, and engaging imagery. If you are need of a reference, research the Wynwood Walls in Miami, Florida. This is the type of work they are looking for.
A mural in the Wynwood area of Miami, Florida
Below outlines the competition rules and timeline for mural submissions.
1. Submissions will be accepted through November 16th. A digital and freehand copy will need to be submitted. Freehand copies will need to be submitted to the CUB Info Desk.
2. Selection will take place by November 28th and announced November 30th.
3. The artist will be required to meet with Kat Thomas and other members of Campus Life and Student Success prior to beginning the work.
4. The mural will need to be completed by January 18th.
5. Murals will remain for an indeterminate amount of time. However, there is a chance in the future that the mural will be replaced to highlight other community artists.
6. Murals may not contain inappropriate or offensive material and can be disqualified immediately if content is deemed to fall in this category.