Jaycie Cohen

Jaycie Cohen is a current junior planning to graduate in 2020 from Stetson University with a major in Theatre Arts with a focus in directing. She directed the one act Three Guys and a Brenda last spring at Stetson’s Second Stage Theatre. Cohen is an accomplished student, having already directed seven plays in the past. Three Guys and a Brenda is the first show she directed on her own at Stetson. We recently asked her to share some of the exciting things she has been doing for our profile series.

Q: What are your plans for graduation and a future career?

After graduation, I hope to go to New York City. My end goal is to be a Broadway director, but I will probably have to work my way up from a smaller job. I aspire to one day direct Broadway family shows like Matilda. But, if they give me any shows, I’ll take it.

Q: Did you ever see yourself doing what you are doing now when you took your first Creative Arts course @ Stetson?

Yes. I’ve gone to art schools my whole life and have been a musical theatre major since elementary school. When I reached junior year of high schooling I switched my major to theatre arts directing and it’s been my passion ever since.

Q: What advice do you have for someone taking their first course right now?

Really take in what they are teaching you because you never know when you might need that skill. Also have fun. Yes, you should focus, but really enjoy the art class you are taking and push yourself to new limits that haven’t been explored.

Q: What’s the best thing you learned studying Creative Arts @ Stetson?

I am a musical theatre major with a focus in directing. Stetson has definitely helped enhance my technical theatre side, learning all about lighting, sound, scenic design, and so on.

Learn more about Jaycie Cohen at the following link:

test2

AUDITIONS for [title of show]!

Announcing AUDITIONS for [title of show] Jeff and Hunter, two self-confessed nobodies in New York, make a pact: They ...

Sweat

Stetson University’s second mainstage production of its 113th season is Lynn Nottage’s 2017 Pulitzer Prize winning p...

Jenna Bolusky

Jenna Bolusky graduated in 2018 from Stetson University with a major in Studio Art. We recently asked her to share some ...