Designed to celebrate students’ creativity and artistic expression, the opening reception of the annual Juried Arts Exhibition is always a joyous occasion. This year’s reception, held on Friday November 2nd at the Homer and Dolly Hand Art Center, was abuzz with students, faculty, and friends alike.
Sixty-two student artists submitted 129 works to be considered for the show. The show this year included 16 works by non-art majors. Stetson art faculty chose 77 pieces from 36 artists to be exhibited. Gisela Carbonell, Ph.D., curator of the Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College, was present to judge the show and choose the winners of six awards, including the Ann West Hall Best of Show Award given to Alaska Gilmore for Rage.
Explore the Full List of Awards Below:
- Faculty Purchase Award, London Crawley, Booger
- Faculty Purchase Award, Hali Pollard, Remnants of Hester Prynne
- Faculty Purchase Award, Ysabel Flores, Formal Gatherings
- Student Choice Award, Lori Jones, Mother Earth
- Charlene Thomas Award of Excellence, Ysabel Flores, The Search for Self
- Paul, Elkind, Branz, & Kelton P.A. Award of Excellence, Solstice Backus-Little, Welcome to Your Life
- Jenny Catron Award of Distinction, Matt Garrett, Cascade Azul
- Bobbi Baugh Studios Award of Excellence, Cat Keve, Straw
- Rich & Lilis George Award to Non-Art Major , Kassandra Teklinski, Forgotten
The show runs at the Hand Art Center through December 7th.test2