Week Five 02/14 through 02/20
This week was some what successful. East Coast Aircraft has asked me to rework their gallery just like I have been doing in previous weeks, but this time they have decided on something that they like, so now I can start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for the gallery. I have already made a separate template for the gallery pages since they have their own nav bar, which overall will make it easier for me if I need to change something and would like it to change for all of the corresponding gallery pages. They have asked me to move away from the flyer for now since they are not going to Sun and Fun this year, so instead they want me to heavily focus on getting the website 100% complete. In order to do this I must complete all of the gallery pages, add a promotions page, and a testimonial page. Another thing that they asked me to do is create posters for the different aircrafts that they have painted/refurbished, so that they can display them in their office/around their business to show the client that come. I have gotten a few of those done, but due to the gallery confusions I did not have a lot of time to work on them. The goal for the up coming week is to finish the gallery and getting the website up and running again with the new changes that I have made. Also getting them some designs for advertisements that they would like to give to magazine companies.
Week Three – 01/31/14 through 02/06
For the third week of my internship it was hectic, but rewarding. I was able to get a lot accomplished for them, but unfortunately they still want me to change a lot before there will be a finished product. What I have spent most of the week working on is a design for their flyer, which is post card sized and a design for their business card. After I got some models for them to look at they have decided to try a different background and also a different layout/texture, but are enjoying my work for them so far. I spent the rest of the week working on updating their website. I mainly focused on rearranging photos in their gallery since they wanted it to be a little more uniform. I also was able, with the help of Jewel, to add captions to each of the photos so that the viewer can see what kind of plane is in the enlarged photo. I also replaced their old logo on their website with the new one that I created. Even though there isn’t much change there is enough to notice a difference in my opinion. I also created dropdown menus from the main heading of Gallery in their nav bar so that the viewer can easily go to each page. In addition I added a dropdown from home that says promotions, which I will add a page where they can put different promotions during the month. The most accomplishing thing out of this week was that I got the information needed to make their website live and active, so that I can now update their website and the changes can be viewed by everyone viewing their site. This upcoming week will be just as exciting as the rest and hopefully I can accomplish a lot more for East Coast Aircraft.
Week Two- 1/24 through 01/31/14
For the second week of my internship it was a little easier to keep on track, since I have gotten back in to the swing of things with deadlines and class work. For this week I got a lot done for their website and some more logo and brochure design. I added keywords to their website to help with marketing, so that their website might appear higher on Google and other search engines dealing with aircraft painting. I also created a couple more gallery pages for them including gallery 3, 4 and 5 which included edited thumbnails and enlargement photos so you could see the photos larger when clicked on, on the page. Another thing that I added to their website was their toll free number on their contact page. The last thing that I accomplished for this week was I redesigned their brochure with different photos to show off the company’s skills, and deleted photos so that the brochure would look less cluttered. This was an achievement from last week as well but once I showed them the updated one they wanted me to go back and do more to it since they liked what they saw, but wanted me to take it a step further.