This week at the museum, I had the chance to participate in several projects. We started promoting the upcoming exhibit on the museum’s website, so I worked in editing the photos that were later uploaded. Through this assignment, I learned about the format and the dimensions the museum uses for its images in web publications. Additionally, I worked in content for marketing screens to also promote the exhibit while I was still working on the newsletter. Because they don’t need it immediately, I have had the time to keep learning how HTML works with email and to develop an easy template for them to keep using in the future.
Ultimately, yesterday I also collaborated to set up the layouts for the handouts and wall text for the exhibit. Although it was a slightly overwhelming at the beginning, I enjoyed working on multiple projects simultaneously and getting constant feedback from my supervisor on how to improve each piece. Attention to detail has been essential this week, which has been a little challenging since I am usually a big picture thinker; however, when it comes to graphic design, I understand the importance of details, so I am thankful for the opportunity to develop this creative thinking skill.
I have had to use Photoshop for most of the projects I was assigned to do this week, and that required me to get familiarized with the software again since I have hardly used it this year. Overall, it was a very productive and challenging week, and I hope to continue learning about the different elements that make an art exhibit successful.