This week we had three opening exhibitions at the museum, so I mostly worked on some projects that needed to be finished before Saturday, which left me with no time to work on the newsletter I have been doing in Dreamweaver.
I focused on collaborating with my supervisor to finish the exhibition labels, floor plans showing the location of the exhibitions and the exhibition introductions. In addition, the education department delivered awards and certificates to the winners of an art competition for high school students, and I worked in InDesign to help with the layout of the certificates. Lastly, on the day of the exhibits, I was the photographer, so I took pictures of the artists and curators as they talked about their work. It was a very interesting experience since some of them had experience with photography and as soon as I walked into their exhibits, they let me know where to stand to get the best lighting, or the best angle to photograph them or their work.
On the other hand, in the last couple of weeks, I have also started noticing the need to have at least some sort corporate identity manual. For instance, this week my supervisor told me about how the different versions of the logo are used in the certificates while last week I was also learning about the position and size of the logo for web publications. There has been some time spent in explaining and understanding such uses of the logo, so I have started writing down everything I have learned, so I can gradually compile it in a small guide or infographic for future interns.