No progress was made due to finals week, unfortunately.
No progress was made this week. I had many tests and final projects due this week as it the last full week of classes.
This week there was no specific task. I experienced some trouble last week with connecting the front end of our graphical user interface, which was created using Java, to the back end, which is most (if not all) Python. So, this week, I did some research on connecting code from different languages to one other. I also attempted to create a more visually appealing graphical user interface by experiencing with 3-dimensional components.
For instance, instead of having circles pop up on the screen indicating entailing and contradicting sentences, we could possibly have spheres that rotate/spin. And, as the sphere rotates, you can click on different parts of the sphere to look at the specifics of different sentences in that appear in that particular article.
Stetson’s Showcase in on Tuesday, April 17th of this week. We have finalized our PowerPoint presentation and demonstration model for this event.
Below is the .pdf of our presentation.
This week my group and I spent our time finalizing creating a model and graphical user interface that we can use to demonstrate our progress at Stetson University’s research Showcase next week.