This week I learned as much as I could about Django. However, after talking it over with the other people on this team, we decided it would be best to code the GUI in Java. I have never used Java before, but I am going to see how quickly I can learn it. I have already started installing everything I need.
I should have more time to work next week. I will help code the GUI while I learn Java.
This week, we worked on creating an abstract for Stetson’s showcase. We had to combine different parts of the project so we could get everything submitted.
Next week I am going to continue working on the GUI and building a better-looking graph. I think I am going to look at Django next week, and see if it would work for us. If it doesn’t seem practical, I will try Java.
This week I continued to work on making a GUI in Python. I have made a GUI before, but never in Python. I am using Tkinter which is moderately simple to use; however, not so simple to learn. I should be able to pick it up rather quickly. Now it is just a matter of taking what I’ve learned about Tkinter and making it into a usable GUI.
Next week I will continue to learn about Tkinter and hopefully make a lot of progress on the GUI.
This week I worked on improving the graph and learning how to make a GUI using Python. I think I am going to use Tkinter, but I have no experience using it. At the beginning of this research project, we already had a GUI in mind. Here is the GUI we originally proposed:
You can see we have a place for the user to input a document, and our program will check that document for connections with other documents.
Next week I will continue to learn about ways to make a GUI in Python.
Little progress was made this week due to spring break.