Machinal

Come see Sophie Treadwell’s Machinal Thurs. – Sat., February 22-24th at 8 p.m. and Sun., February 15th at 3 p.m., in Stetson Theatre Arts’ “Second Stage” located inside the Museum of Art, 600 N. Woodland Blvd.

“I will not be submitted—this indignity! No! I will not be submitted!—Leave me alone! Oh my God am I never to be let alone! Always to have to submit—to submit! No more—not now—I’m going to die—I won’t submit! Not now!”

Machinal is an expressionist and stark drama inspired by the case of Ruth Snyder, who was convicted and sent to the electric chair for the murder of her husband, and exploring themes of chaos, isolation, monotony and 20th century feminism. Follow episodically a woman on edge, stuck in the pressured dependent status of her time with a mechanized 1920s society.

Stetson Theatre Arts’ Second Stage is located inside the Museum of Art, 600 N. Woodland Blvd., adjacent to the DeLand campus. Free parking. Admission for this production is $12 for adults, and $10 for seniors and students. Stetson students, faculty and staff are admitted free with a valid ID. Tickets will be available at the door and reserved tickets must be picked up 30 minutes prior to the start of the show. r the murder of her husband, and exploring themes of chaos, isolation, monotony and 20tBox office will be open one hour prior to curtain. For information or reservations, call Stetson Theatre’s “Second Stage” box office at (386) 822-8700.

test2