COVID-19 mitigation strategies are removed, except in classes
- COVID-19 mitigation strategies are removed except for masking and occupancy limits in classes.
- Beginning March 30, residential COVID-19 guest and visitation policies will return to normal.
- Free PCR on-campus COVID-19 testing and free at-home COVID-19 tests are still available for students, faculty and staff.
- Isolation of positive and symptomatic individuals will continue.
Due to continued downward COVID-19 trends, increased vaccination rates and milder variants, COVID-19 mitigation strategies have been removed except for masking and occupancy limits in classes.
Facilities cleaning protocols for classrooms and shared space remain unchanged.
Beginning March 30, residential guest and visitation policies will return to normal. Review the Guide to Residential Living for details on residential guest and visitation policies. Residential students can expect an upcoming community meeting to review policies and reorient the community.
Beginning March 30, the residential guest and visitation protocols that will no longer be in effect:
- Two Stetson guests or non-Stetson visitors per room permitted.
- Only one overnight Stetson guest is permitted. Overnight non-Stetson visitors are prohibited.
Face coverings remain mandatory only in classrooms, plus personal office and residential spaces based on occupant preference.
Free PCR on-campus COVID-19 testing and free at-home test kits are still available for students, faculty and staff with a Stetson ID.
On-campus SalivaDirect PCR-based testing is available for Spring 2022 at 8:30-9:30 p.m. every other Tuesday and 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. each Wednesday in the CUB Faculty/Staff Lounge. No insurance is required. Stetson community members must register for a specific test date and follow fasting guidelines.
Free at-home test kits can be picked up at Stetson Health Service and the CUB South Info Desk by the Coffee Shop during business hours (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday) and at Public Safety after hours and on weekends (bring your Stetson ID, one test per person). Please report your positive test results by using the Report a COVID-19 Health Concern form.
Isolation of positive and symptomatic individuals will continue.
Based on Florida Department of Health and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (revised on Feb. 24, 2022), members of the Stetson community should isolate:
- For five days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), followed by five additional days of wearing a mask when around others to minimize the risk of infecting people they encounter.
- If you develop a fever, continue to isolate until your fever resolves.
- Report positive tests and symptoms.
Please continue to report at: www.stetson.edu/reportit.