Stetson University In The News, May 19-25, 2023
• U.S. News & World Report and other media outlets quoted Christine Cerniglia, associate professor of Law and Director of Clinical and Experiential Education, in the May 19 story, “Legal Clinics: What Law School Students Should Know.” “Many clinical students are working with clients who would not otherwise have access to an attorney or on issues to address the systemic oppression in our society,” Cerniglia said. “Each clinic class challenges students to apply the legal theory while analyzing the structural issues and balancing the humanity of the client’s case.”
• The Tampa Bay Times quoted Jay Wolfson, JD, DrPH, and a faculty member at Stetson Law, in the May 23 story, “Florida woman was told she had cancer. Her anguish was all for nothing.”
• Johnson City Press on May 23 published the obituary of Lizabeth A. Moody, dean of Stetson University College of Law from 1994-99.
• Hometown News cited Stetson’s 2023 Poverty and Homelessness Conference in the May 18 post, “East Volusia Community Notes.”
• TaxProf Blog and Indisputably cited Stetson in the May 22 post, “2024 U.S. News Dispute Resolution Rankings.”
• The Gabber cited Stetson Law in the May 19 story, “Stetson Law Ranked Top in Advocacy.”
• EX Bulletin cited Stetson in the May 25 story, “US News and World Report names Belhaven a 2019 Best Value.”
• Stay Happening and Orlando at Play profiled alumna Ella Borges in the May 19 post, “Live at Timucua: Ella & The Bossa Beat.”
• Global Viv-Media and 24-7 Press Release profiled alumna Chanell C. Hines in the May 19 post, “Chanell C. Hines, MBA, LSSGB, DASM Recognized for Excellence in Healthcare Administration.”
• Rhino Times profiled Law alumna Meghan Maguire in the May 19 post, “High Point Removes Interim From Interim City Attorney’s Title.”
• Savoteur, Miles with McConkey and XOXO Bella published the May 10 story, “Escape to Paradise at These 5 Great Aruba Resorts” by alumnus Noah Belachew.
• Naples Florida Weekly profiled Law alumnus Magner Tiuso in the May 25 story, “On the Move.”