Grace Aguda

Q: What are your plans for graduation/career?

I will be working for the Brevard Country Sheriff Office in Community Programs and Media Management

Q: Did you ever see yourself doing what you are doing now when you first started at Stetson?

If someone told freshmen Grace that I would be working for the Sheriff, I would laugh. Now, four years later, I have the ideal post-graduate job. I will be working alongside the Sheriff providing education programs to schools and communities, writing public service announcements, scripts, making advertisements, getting my hands involved in causes that I’m incredible passionate about, and so much more. This position encompasses everything I have worked for as a Communication and Media Studies and Theatre Arts double major. It’s the best of both worlds and I will be living a happy and fulfilling professional life.

Q: What advice do you have for someone taking their first course right now?

Let yourself experience! I am a type-A, “I have to plan plan plan” kind of person. It was difficult at times to let myself take a step back to enjoy and learn. You will never be able to predict where you will be, who you will be and where you will end up in four years, so let yourself go along for the ride and take advantage of all the opportunities around you.

Q: What’s the best thing you’ve learned at Stetson?

The best thing I have learned at Stetson University is to be open-minded. I learned to give people, professors, classes and the community an open mind, ear and heart and I am walking away with deep support, thought and love having had opened myself up to it.

Brontë Joseph

Brontë Joseph is a current student at Stetson University, planning to graduate in 2019 with a major in Theatre Arts. We...

Anna in the Tropics

Stetson University begins its 113th season with the Pulitzer-Prize-winning play Anna in the Tropics written by Cuban Ame...

AUDITIONS Fall 2018

A U D I T I O N S for the Theatre Arts Fall productions of the Pulitzer-Prize-winning plays Anna in the Tropics by ...