Expanded COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility and New Testing Dates
Safer Campus Task Force Updates
COVID-19 Vaccination Updates
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed an executive order expanding COVID-19 vaccinations to persons under age 65 who have been deemed extremely vulnerable to the coronavirus by their physicians. Beginning March 3, the new order also expands vaccine eligibility to include:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Persons 65 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- K-12 school employees 50 years of age and older
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older
Individuals will have access to vaccinations through local pharmacies already providing COVID-19 vaccines to people 65 and over and through their doctor’s offices. Additional information can be found at the Florida Health website.
The state registration system, which is used for appointments at the Volusia County Fairgrounds, will schedule individuals based upon the updated criteria. Individuals who meet the above criteria may preregister for a vaccine appointment at the Volusia County Fairgrounds at myvaccine.fl.gov or 866-201-7314.
FREE COVID-19 Saliva Testing
Weekly SalivaDirect PCR-based COVID-19 testing is offered on campus and is free for students, faculty and staff with a Stetson ID. No insurance is required. Testing will be provided every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., in the Rinker Field House, Hollis Center. Registration closes at noon on the Tuesday prior to testing dates. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
Upcoming COVID-19 testing dates and registration links:
- Wednesday, March 10 – Register (registration deadline March 9 at 12 p.m.)
- Wednesday, March 17 – Register (registration deadline March 16 at 12 p.m.)
With the exception of water, do not eat or drink for 30 minutes prior to your appointment. For more testing information and appointment dates through May 5, please visit the COVID-19 Testing page.
Latest COVID-19 On-Campus Asymptomatic Test Results
- Feb. 26 – 62 PCR and rapid antigen tests of student-athletes and Athletics staff, 0 positive, 0% rate
- Feb. 25 – 120 PCR and rapid antigen tests of student-athletes and Athletics staff, 0 positive, 0% rate
- Feb. 24 – 199 PCR tests administered, 0 positive, 0% rate
- Feb. 24 – 102 PCR tests of student-athletes and Athletics staff, 0 positive, 0% rate
- Feb. 23 – 45 PCR tests of student-athletes and Athletics staff, 0 positive, 0% rate
- Feb. 22 – 238 PCR tests of student-athletes and Athletics staff, 0 positive, 0% rate
A full list of Stetson University’s test results is available on our COVID-19 Tracking page.