To borrow materials:
Interlibrary Loan Coordinator/
Interlibrary Loan Specialist
Effective April 3, 2020: Please arrange to pick up ILL books by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The library will not ship Interlibrary Loan Books to your home.
Please note: As other libraries across the country curtail services, it is becoming increasingly difficult to borrow physical materials (e.g., books and scores). While you
may still request these materials, expect to have long waits or unfilled requests. Email email@example.com to see if there are alternative formats for your material.
To request a book or article via Interlibrary Loan please complete one of the forms below.
- Form to Request Books, Chapters, Dissertations
- Form to Request Articles
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Lending Information for Other Libraries
Interlibrary loan is a available to Stetson University faculty, current students, and staff. To aid in your research, we will borrow from other libraries items not held in the Stetson Library.
Complete a request form for each item needed. Allow 2 or more weeks for delivery. Plan ahead and place requests early for best results.
- Books come through the mail or courier and may take 2 weeks or more to arrive.
- Articles may take up to 2 weeks but typically arrive earlier and in PDF format.
- The loan period for ILL books is typically 6 weeks but depends on the policy of the lending library. Some lending libraries do not allow renewals.
- The library does not typically borrow textbooks for students due to the short, 6 week loan period.
- Any fines or fees for borrowed ILL materials are the responsibility of the borrower.
Before submitting an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request, check the library’s catalog for books and journals already owned by the library.
For journal articles, check the Journals List. This list will let you know if our library has the journal article you need, and whether it is available in paper, microform, or online through our Internet subscriptions. Some journals are held in several formats.
Requests may be made in several ways:
Some of the databases include an “ILL” link; you may use the ILL link to submit requests directly from those databases. To use this feature in the databases (available in WorldCat and others):
- Search and find the item which meets your needs
- “Open” (click on) the item you want to request
- Click on the “ILL” button at the top of the screen
- Fill in the information requested (some fields are required)
- Click on “Submit” button
- Wait for a response that your request has been successfully submitted.